Sunday, March 31, 2013

Here comes the boom...

First range trip in weeks coming up this morning. Here's hoping I remember from which end the bullet emerges.

I briefly toyed with the idea of bringing the gauge, but I think I'll hold off a little longer on the shotgun; that scar on my cheek is still pretty fresh for me to want to snuggle it up against the stock and touch off high-brass buckshot loads. You know my training motto: "No pain, no pain."

But first, Shootin' Buddy and I will grab breakfast at the SoBro Cafe, because yum.

7 comments:

Scott J said...

Happy Easter.

Hope you have a good trip.

og said...

Oh, heck, just shoot it from waist level with the pistol grip like all the tactikewl people do! There's no chance the muzzle climb will cause it to kick back and smack you dead in the kisser.

Do be careful.

Drang said...

While I have been waiting impatiently for a range report for the 870 with Magpul furniture, you certainly are better off waiting. Besides, it seems Magpul has more important things to do than start making them for the Mossy anyway... :-(

Justthisguy said...

Why did they pick that exact site to pull the graft from, anyway? One would think they'd get it from someplace usually covered by clothing.

og said...

Just: I don't know about Tam's case, but my uncle had tons of grafts, and they took them from places where they could bring the blood flow with the graft, so it had the best chance of succeeding. IN his case they removed skin- veins, arteries and all- from his back, and moved it under the skin to the places on his arms. Just moving skin doesn't work unless it already has a blood supply attached, or can easily have blood supply attached.

Kristophr said...

Justthisguy:

They did it to cover up the cellular mind control jacks The Phone Company is using these days.

Larry said...

The end with the hole in it goes towards the target. ;)