Saturday, May 25, 2013

Summertime in SoBro, 2013 Edition...

It's been a cool and wet spring, and Broad Ripple's famous gargoyle is looking a little like a garghillie:

Blending in with the environment.

I'd never noticed the little details on the roof...

Bobbi says the ornamental roof crest will keep witches from sitting on your roof. I do not know if this is true, but it sure sounds good. Alas, honest little Roseholme Cottage would look a little silly with such gingerbread, and so we must be ever on the alert for witches perching up there among the antennae.

.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Gargoyle wins because he is a sneaky bastard!"

Shootin' Buddy

Crowndot said...

I'm told it works whether you believe in it or not. (cf. Niels Bohr and the horseshoe.) Seen any witches on the roof lately? See how well it works?!

Bob said...

I had to look closely at that foliage the gargoyle was in to verify it wasn't poison ivy.

BGMiller said...

Sneaky, but stylish.

Leave it to a gargoyle to make aviators look good again.

BGM

WV: turyoi commission

Wasn't it the Turyoi Commission that "investigated" the Tunguska incident?


And I'd having pretty good luck with the spambot minefield today. I wonder how karma is going to balance this one out....

Sebastian said...

so we must be ever on the alert for witches perching up there among the antennae.

I'm not sure Feinstein's broom has the range to make it all the way from California.

Will said...

D.C. is closer. I'm sure she keeps a spare one there.


wv: Vide bligair

Gewehr98 said...

I'll wager Bobbi could calculate the resonant frequency of a gargoyle-shaped antenna...

Ancient Woodsman said...

Bob, that's Virginia creeper. Absolutely lovely in the fall. Lucky gargoyle.

Anonymous said...

What load for witch? Will #8 shot made with cold iron do?

Mike James

J.R.Shirley said...

Love that gargoyle...

Geodkyt said...

Tam, it's "antennas". As I learned when I entered the E3 world, "Bugs have antennae, radars and radios have antennas. No, no one seems to know why -- that's just how it is."

[grin]