Thursday, May 16, 2013

That's a lot in Internet Years.

Kevin at The Smallest Minority just celebrated his tenth blogiversary.

To put that in Internet Perspective, when Kevin started blogging, he couldn't link to YouTube videos because YouTube didn't exist. The world was a better place because there were only two Matrix movies. He couldn't make fun of World of Warcraft players, although CoD was fair game, since the very first Call of Duty game came out at the same time. It would be four years before someone could leave a comment on his blog with an iPhone, and nobody could link to his blog via Reddit or Digg.

When I started VFTP, I wanted to grow up to be cool like Kevin.

Congrats on ten years, dude!

5 comments:

Kevin said...

I am awed and honored to share the interweb with the Empress of Snark. Thank you for being weird with me.

Anonymous said...

I was going to make a smartass comment about how much I hate both of you because you make the rest of us gunbloggers look lame in comparison but I can't get the strikethough tag to work. See, lame!

As a reader, let me just say thanks guys and congratulations Kevin!

Borepatch said...

When Kevin started a company names Universal Tube and Rollform Equipment Corporation had a web site at http://utube.com. The in 2006 they started getting tens of millions of hits a month ...

But yeah, what you said.

Commander_Zero said...

Geez, I hit the ten year mark two months ago and I got bupkis.

Tam said...

Commander_Zero,

Derp. :o