Monday, February 08, 2016

That's festive...

On the upside, I've got a check showing up soon for a feature article in a magazine.

On the downside, I went out to the garage the other day and the battery in the Zed Drei was as flat as the driver's side rear tire. The battery was because I'd left the GPS on while the car was garaged for a week while driving the Subie, but the tire...

It's had a slow leak for a while, but it had recently gotten much worse. I charged the battery and used the cigarette lighter air pump to put thirty-five pounds of air in the tire and was rewarded with a quietly audible leak.

I can't see a nail, so unless we find one when we get it up on a lift, that's probably two cracked rear rims. (The passenger side rear has a very tiny leak as well.) So it looks like that check is going to spend very little time in my bank account before being re-deposited at Tire Rack for wheels and tires.