Saturday, November 25, 2017

Four hundred down...

Wednesday's trip to the range involved loading up three mags at home and then having another box of the Winchester 124gr NATO along, for a total of 100 rounds.

Weird issue with the 17-round Mec-Gars, where the first two rounds don't shift as the mag gets loaded and remain one vertically atop the other, instead of staggered side-by-side. See how there's brass visible in the "17" witness hole, but there are only sixteen rounds out of the box?

I have only documented this occurring with the magazine I have numbered "3" on the baseplate, but I'll be looking for it in the future.

I was in a hurry, so I just dumped mags into the target from seven yards.

There were no malfunctions of any type to report.

This makes 400 rounds since the weapon was last cleaned or lubed with no malfunctions of any type. 1600 rounds to go.
.