Sunday, July 15, 2012

Morning! (I think.)

When you're on Eastern time, it's easy to be an early riser on the west coast. It's harder to be a party animal, since you're hanging on your chinstrap by 9PM local, which is what I was doing last night.

I feel very much like a real gunwriter right now, having had lunch yesterday with Tom Gresham, Frank James, and Andrew Daun.

Where's Chewie?

Thirty floors over Portland, being wined & dined by Leatherman. (Which was cute and all. I didn't have the heart to tell them that there's no need to sell me; my purse already looks like a Leatherman catalog threw up in it.)

There I finally got to meet Iain Harrison and Shelley Rae; having spent the last couple years only about two degrees of Kevin Bacon away from them both, that was very enjoyable. Shelley informed me that Caleb, like Unc, had to punk out because work. Gracie from Packing Pretty was there, and probably lots of other people whose names I am totally forgetting because that's what I tend to do with names if I don't walk around with a pad and pen in my hand like a dork.

And now I've got to scrounge something in the way of food before we head out to the range...

11 comments:

The Duck said...

Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Phone > Take picture, annotate....that way you can remember, well, your phone can.

/just sayin'

perlhaqr said...

Hey, I know people in PDX. If you get bored and need something to do, I could put you in touch with 'em.

Also, I just want to tell you about my favorite bar in PDX. It's called "The Horse Brass", they have really great bangers and mash, and a truly huge number of beers on draft. And it's all good stuff, nary a budweiser to be seen anywhere on the list.

http://www.horsebrass.com/

Have fun on your trip! :)

Sean said...

Hey, spiffy. How long are you in town?

If you want beer, you've come to the right place...

Old NFO said...

Hope you have fun!

John said...

Congrats, Tam. Rub those elbows and enjoy the company.

Al T. said...

"being wined & dined by Leatherman" OK. Ask any of them why their company President supported Obama with cash?

GuardDuck said...

Sister used to work for Leatherman, that they did is not a huge surprise.

Pawpaw said...

I used to shoot with Tom, back in the day. If you see him again, tell him I said Hi!

Will said...

I thought the pad and pen was issued with the porkpie hat that had the little PRESS card in the band.

Anonymous said...

Ha! I was kicked out of the Portland City Grill once (having too much fun).