Thursday, May 30, 2013

Six miles today...

Not because I was feeling especially exercise-y or anything, but because I forgot the paper towels and toilet tissue and had to go back to Kroger.

I brought a plastic bag just in case the panties were still in the middle of the intersection, but somebody beat me to the neighborly duty, as it were.

Seen on Guilford:

Concours d'Elegance: Parked up in somebody's yard, in all its spring-torched and fart-canned glory, was this fairly straight early-'90s Civic...
Either the owner is one of many Dope Ones and does not understand the use of apostrophes, or there is only one Dope One, and this is his ride. I'm guessing a little Column A, a little Column B...
Incidentally, anybody that's coming to town for the Indy 1500 on Sunday, we're going to have a little... Blogmeet Lite? Blogmeet-ette? Whatever... We're going to get together for chow and stuff at the Broad Ripple Brew Pub at 3:00PM on Sunday. You should come say "Hi!"

10 comments:

Scott J said...

Would love to snag a Civic hatch of that (or maybe slightly older) vintage as a gas sipping alternative to the Ram 1500 but alas they're all molested like that one and/or grossly overpriced because molesters like "dope" inflate demand.

Scott J said...

Also sorta on-topic this has been making me wish I had the spare cash. I've wanted a Series III ever since being a fan of "The Equalizer" in my teens.

http://bham.craigslist.org/cto/3801623956.html

Honestly though if I had $1,500 I'd find a couple hundred more to go with it and talk to someone I know who is making noises about selling his Springfield National Match M1-A.

Tam said...

Jeebus, don't let my roomie see that...

Scott J said...

If roomie wants to come see it she can crash on my couch :)

If she pays for fuel I'll tow it to Indy for her (you did catch it doesn't run, right?).

d said...

Maybe the TSA can set up shop at the indy1500 entrances and screen everyone there, too?

Anonymous said...

I'm amused that once again, a person can't even bother to spell-check their headline - Jagaur???

Tam said...

d,

"Maybe the TSA can set up shop at the indy1500 entrances and screen everyone there, too?"

All TSA contributed was 'splosive-sniffing dogs, at the request of the Speedway. They only get an assist on that cock-up.

Chuck Pergiel said...

Ha! You said "fart". Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha. I'll be laughing about this for days. Dumb, eh?

TBeck said...

I would love to attend the Blogmoot.

ScribblersDad said...

Dang, Tam, almost pulled the trigger and drove to Indy for the micro-blogmeet. I got to hang with the majority of my unmet blogheroes in Houston (what an absolutely wonderful bunch) at the NRA convention, and the only thing that would have been better would have been if the Queen herself could have been there. Indy's not THAT far...I'm even a native Hoosier, so I speak the language!
More warning next time?