Monday, December 22, 2014

People who do strange things with which I can't relate...

So I'm reading an older post over at Sean Sorrentino's place; can't remember how I got to such an old post, maybe a link from FaceSpace...
I carry a gun a lot. I have a nice leather holster for my Springfield XD .45 Compact, which isn’t really a small gun.It’s not nearly as big as the full size government model 1911,but it isn’t tiny either. You’d think (if you never carried) that it’d be easy to spot, even under clothing. This must explain why many concealed carriers seem to think that they must carry tiny guns. 
I can identify with that. I carry a full-size service pistol all the time and don't think it's any kind of burden on my lifestyle.
Saturday night I was over at a friend’s house for gaming night. Yes, dear friends, in addition to dressing funny and attending medieval re-enactments, I play the dreaded role playing game Dungeons and Dragons. Now that I have confessed my utter nerdiness to you all, I guess I must die of shame. 
I can identify with that. I played tabletop RPGs from middle school until well into my 30s and the only reason I don't now is because I don't know anybody locally who does. If I did, I'd be all about getting together on Tuesday nights or whenever to play some nerd poker. In the meantime, I make do with World of Warcrack. Don't judge.
Well, we were in the middle of gaming, and we got a knock at the door. When he answered the door, the owner found a young girl (18-25?) standing on his porch. She had a story about her cell phone not working and asked to use his phone. He invited her in...
*sound of needle sliding across the record* He did what? Dude, I can't identify with that. THAT is weird and alien to me. 

What kind of person, when their cell phone battery $#!+s the bed, just totally innocently knocks on the door of a complete stranger and asks to come inside and borrow theirs? Would you? Would I? No. Then why is she? "Wait out there, honey. Now, who do you want me to call to come get you?"
.