Sunday, April 03, 2016

A Very SoBro Sunday...

Left the house with Bobbi this morning to walk down to Good Morning Mama's. I had a craving for one of their delicious breakfast burritos and Bobbi wanted to nosh on some corned beef hash. This little fella was on the roof peak of Roseholme Cottage, right over the front door. He was so still, I feared he might be dead, until I noticed the Cooper's hawk circling overhead...

We got to Mama's, where this 2016 Camaro SS Indy Pace Car edition was parked, and the joint was jumpin'. They told me to expect a forty-minute wait. Bobbi strolled down the block to Bent Rail Brewery, and called me to tell me that they were open for brunch. I told the nice people at Mama's to take our names off the wait list, and headed down to Bent Rail myself.

No wait for tables at Bent Rail. Of course, they're a pretty new addition to the brunch scene in SoBro.

I had the Korean breakfast bowl. House made ginger pork sausage, sliced cabbage, kimchi, and two poached eggs over some sticky rice. The sausage was a little dry, but the flavor was great, and you could just smoosh it through the eggs and kimchi to get it all juicy...

We walked toward home via the Monon Trail. Bobbi wanted to swing by The Dancing Donut, but they had already sold out and closed up for the day. We stopped in at Locally Grown Gardens instead.

Lovely produce, all manner of gourmet cooking ingredients, and...

...what's that back there in the cooler? Is that...? Could it be...?

It is! Morels! Oh, we are going to feast at Roseholme tonight!
.