Thursday, June 01, 2017

...last Friday, though...

Last Friday had me back at the range with the 29, squeezing in some range time on the heels of some shooting I was doing for work. I had forty rounds left out of a box of fifty, thanks to the ten-round chrono string I'd fired the week before...

I got two failures to feed, on round number six and number twenty-four of the day. (#176 and #194 of the test.) Also, round number three of the day (#173 of the test) featured another light, off-center primer strike from not going back into battery. Clearly I am limp-wristing the gun. Also clearly: the gun is entirely too easy to limp-wrist.


This is reminiscent of the early stages of the Glock 32 and Glock 20 tests. In both cases the problem was cured with an application of aftermarket recoil spring. Clearly it's time to do some research...

Trying to gorilla grip the gun and shoot fast made for a few ugly dropped shots.

This makes 210 rounds fired since the gun was last cleaned or lubed, with eight failures to feed (#2, #3, #12, #13, #22, #23, #176, #194) and nine failures to fire (#4, #7, #9, #15, #17, #26, #64, #156, #173). 1,880 rounds to go.
.