Wednesday, August 23, 2017

300 rounds down...

I took the little Sig P290RS to Indy Arms Company on my first morning home from Paul-E-Palooza, along with a hundred rounds of Winchester Q4318 124gr "NATO" FMJ ammo.

The three mags together hold twenty-two rounds of ammo, so a lot of magazine reloading is involved in disposing of a hundred rounds at a sitting. I was thankful for my Uplula. It's like having a bionic thumb.

The top grouping was with the target at five yards and was fired first. The bottom was at ten yards and finished up the range session. By the time I'd put a hundred rounds of warmish 124gr ammo through this gun, I'd had about as much fun as I care to have in one range session. My trigger finger was sore and the tip was very tender. The little bump on the bottom inside of the trigger guard was apparently chewing at it.

There were no malfunctions of any type to report. This makes a total of 300 rounds fired with no malfunctions since the gun was last cleaned or lubricated. 1700 rounds to go.